HOW DO YOU REST & RESET YOUR BODY, MIND AND SOUL?
How do you Rest & Reset your body, mind and soul when life is so busy? It’s been all systems on full throttle for a little while and everything seems to take priority over my Self care and nurturance. Life throws the frequent curve ball and it's a matter of sink or swim at times.
With the recent launch of my website, the upcoming launch of my book The Adventures of Kenzie-Moo, and running my Rest & Reset Retreat for mamas to special-needs children in July it's easy to kept swept away in the busyness of life.
As a solo special needs mama, life can be challenging. As well as the usual parental responsibilities of a pre-pubescent child (so help me), fitting in appointments, blood tests, specialist reviews, X-Rays, collecting scripts and organising medication charts, planning for our NDIS meeting, and squeezing in all my work, studies and life, there isn’t much time for me. And one thing I know for sure is this – when there isn’t time to nourish my own body, mind and soul, the wheels start to fall off.
At times, we have to surrender to what the world has install for us. It’s important to accept each moment, especially when things don’t quite go to plan.
Here are my top 10 tips for keeping my body, mind and soul nourished when life is so busy:
- Meditate for 30mins every morning. What does that mean to me? I sit up, I close my eyes and I become aware of every breath and connect with the essence of my true Self. Meditation is proven to enhance your wellbeing. It increases mental focus and clarity, enhances positivity and joy, promotes mindfulness, and reduces inflammation.
- No phone use between 9pm – 8am. I switch on flight mode and put my phone out of sight. It's taken time to become habit but it positively influences my focus, productivity and concentration during the day.
- Adhere to the “ 1 minute rule”: Any task that takes less than 1 minute to do, do it straight away. No waiting! For example: Put the washing in the machine, put the recycling in the bin, wash up a plate, file some papers…All those little tasks left unattended until the end of the day accumulate and take much longer to complete. So if it takes less than 1 minute I do it as soon as it needs to be done, rather than spend ½ hour at the end of my day doing mundane tasks.
- Read 10 pages of a book everyday. A short daily commitment to reading enhances your retention, interest, and increases the number of books you can read in a year. Reading is mentally stimulating, increases knowledge, reduces stress, improves memory and concentration, and it's better than trashy TV!
- Schedule and prioritise time. Every Sunday I look at what I need to do for the week ahead and schedule it in. Every night I wrote a list of my top 6 things to be done the following day. I don’t go to the next task until the one above it is crossed off. If something doesn’t get done, it goes to the top of the list for the next day. Simple!
- Write a list of the things that I love that nourish my body and schedule them in. For example: Day spa, lunch date with friends, attending the Rest & Reset Retreat, go for a bush walk.
- Keep active – yoga, riding, walking, HIIT, lifting weights, tai chi...whatever your body loves, do it 3-4 times a week. Your body and brain will love you for it.
- Book a holiday months in advance – It gives you something to look forward to it and enhances your ability to save. I recently went to Spain and Morocco and my gosh did it fill me up!
- Create a vision board and set your intentions for all the goodness you want in your life. Then set achievable, measurable SMART goals and work towards the things that bring you joy. Scheduling time to work on these is important.
- Sleep, hydrate and nourish your body well. 8 hours sleep per night, drink 2-3L water per day, and eat wholesome foods that limit refined sugars and processed foods.
Still feeling lost in the busyness? My Hour of Essence Power Call or 12 Week Essence of You coaching package might be just what your body, mind and soul needs. You can contact me for a FREE pre-coaching questionnaire and FREE 20 minute consult to determine if working with me could help you to Rest & Reset.
For a FULL immersive weekend that is designed to rest and reset your body, mind and soul join me at one of my Rest & Reset Retreats - specifically designed for special-needs mamas. Register your interest to keep up do date.
With love and light,